Tuesday, August 27, 2024

On SECRET sins

Proverbs 21:2

King James Version

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: 

but the Lord pondereth the hearts.


We may know our basic sins.

And may have repented of it.

But what of sins "unknown"?

What secret sins have we not known?

What secret sins do we refuse to acknowledge?

What secret sins have we not asked forgiveness for?

That's why we write about it, as we go along.

We've published these articles, and blogs:

What are ABOMINATIONS to GOD?

Tough but NECESSARY

AREAS of vulnerability

SINS of the FLESH

Sin AWARENESS

The HOLY SPIRIT's REPROOF

GOD's GLORY blogs

BORN AGAIN classics


Satan is a sly, and devious, creature.

He will urge you to sin, without your knowing.

But SPIRIT and Scripture expose all our sins.

Through the LIGHT of JESUS CHRIST.

JESUS is the example of how to live a sinless life.

A life of PERFECT obedience to GOD.

He is the WAY back to GOD.

John 14:6

King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, the truth, and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, 

but by me.


He asks we be perfect.

Matthew 5:48

King James Version

48 Be ye therefore perfect, 

even as your Father which is in heaven 

is perfect.


He also gave us GREAT help in this battle against sin:

John 16:7-9

King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; 

It is expedient for you that I go away: 

for if I go not away, 

the Comforter will not come unto you; 

but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, 

he will reprove the world of sin, 

and of righteousness, 

and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, 

because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, 

because the prince of this world is judged.


John 16:13-15 

King James Version

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, 

he will guide you into all truth: 

for he shall not speak of himself; 

but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: 

and he will shew you things to come.


John 16:14-15 

King James Version

14 He shall glorify me: 

for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: 

therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.


When JESUS went back to heaven, He did not leave us orphaned.

Now, we have the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD to teach us.

To remind us.

To warn us.

To guide us.

To expose our secret sins.

To shine a light upon the dark recesses of our soul.

We need to know how we sin against GOD.

We need to know what displeases Him.

We need to know how we fall from grace.

We need to know how we are being constantly corrupted.

We need to know how to protect ourselves from further sin.


As with everything that JESUS makes pure, Satan tries to defile it.

That's why there are many Christians who keep sinning.

Not realizing the traps set before them.

With unbelievers, they think their way is right.

And it is only through SPIRIT that they can be converted.


That's why our prayers need to be these:

Psalm 19:12-14

King James Version

12 Who can understand his errors? 

cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; 

let them not have dominion over me: 

then shall I be upright, 

and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, 

and the meditation of my heart, 

be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, 

my strength, and my redeemer.


Psalm 51:10-13

King James Version

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; 

and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; 

and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; 

and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; 

and sinners shall be converted unto thee.


Psalm 139:23-24

King James Version

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: 

try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, 

and lead me in the way everlasting.


Matthew 6:13

King James Version

13 And lead us not into temptation, 

but deliver us from evil: 

For thine is the kingdom, 

and the power, 

and the glory, 

for ever. 

Amen.


This is my commitment, as born again servant to CHRIST..

To expose all these traps set by Satan.

For both believers, and unbelievers.

We need to cover ALL ground.

Through guidance from SPIRIT, and Scripture.

Another post will tell us why there's no hiding from our secret sins.

All are exposed before GOD's eyes.


P.S.

I've noticed something striking.

Every time I expose Satan, he keeps "muddling" my thoughts.

But GOD reels everything in.

And we get to write perfectly.

Because I want to.

For GOD.

And for you.


Related material:

HOLINESS

The IMPORTANT articles


On SECRET sins

Proverbs 21:2 King James Version 2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes:  but the Lord pondereth the hearts . We may know our basic s...